Saturday, April 25, 2009

sitters and stuff

We left Eli with a babysitter for the first time this morning! Bethany and Ryan came to watch the boys while we went to one of Josh's work functions. I thought I might be a nervous wreck but I did fine, and the boys did, too. It was nice to get to do something together even if it wasn't the most exciting adventure.

Since the weather has been so amazing this weekend, we have been outside a lot more than usual. It's been great to get out in the sun and I'm so glad spring is here! It was 87 today, so it really seems more like summer at the moment. And I have a sunburn to prove it!

This little smile was yesterday at Amanda's. I haven't seen any mommy smiles yet, but sometimes he smiles in his sleep.
Image

And some from the park today!
Image
Image
Image

Today we found out Eli's dedication will be Sunday, May 10, which happens to be Mother's Day. I'm a little nervous about standing in front of the church since I am still feeling frumpy and fat, but it's nice that it fell so neatly after he was born. If he'd have been on time, it would have been too soon to take him to church. So, if you'd like to come, you can! Let me know and I'll give you the details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bummer--I'll be visiting my Mommy on Mother's Day. Enjoy your first Mother's Day :) He's so stinkin cute!!