Wednesday, May 19, 2010

restless, thus rest-less

I take Benadryl to sleep. Every night.

Eli and I are flying alone this morning, and last night with hope in my heart, I set my alarm for 4am and put my head on my pillow without swallowing my little pink friends. Hope shmope! No sleep. I tossed and I turned. I listened to Josh snore. The cars out my window. The crickets. And by 3:20am, the birds. At 3:22am I finally got up and gave in to my sleepless body.

Ironically, I tested out a dosage of baby Benadryl on Eli to see if it might help me out with his wild side on the flight. Nope. Didn't do a thing.

So, we're off. Airport, here we come. Fellow passengers, here we come. Feel free to petition the airline to give Eli a free seat to spare all of us the screaming grief.

1 comment:

kelvin s.m. said...

Oh, rest less indeed!!! you have a nice space in here!!!:)

Great day!