Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And we have a birthday.

Well, Little Dude knew what he wanted and he got it. 

Around 10:30 last night the nurses came in and said I was having contractions. I wasn't feeling them, but apparently they were causing decels in Eli's heartrate, so they decided to do a c-section right away. 

Of course I was scared to death but I'm glad it all happened so fast. I hated the c-section and had to work so hard at staying calm but the doctors and nurses were very nice and patient with me. Josh did a great job, too. 

I didn't get to hold him yet, but Josh did. I barely even got to see him. He's in the NICU now but he's breathing ok. I think it depends on when he will feed to decide when he can go home. Otherwise he is doing well. I am recovering and I hate medicines but I'm surviving it! 

Eli Samuel was born at 12:07am on Wed 3/18. He is 5lb2oz, and 19-3/4 inches long. Tall and skinny like his dad. He definitely has the Burke mouth (which I've always thought was so cute!) but otherwise I haven't really seen him enough to decide. 

I'll post more pictures later but here are two for now. Hopefully today we'll get some non-goop-covered ones. :)

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! Much love to all of you!

 

13 comments:

Kami said...

Congratulation mommy and daddy!!!! He is absolutely adorable!! I can't wait to see more pictures!!

Kami

Anonymous said...

Ahhh!!! Congrats, Shan :) I can't see the pics because our work thingie blocks them, but I'll look as soon as I get home.

I'm sure you're just exhausted today, but let me know when you're ready for visitors. CAS is right down the street from Riverside, so I can stop by after work or on a lunch break whenever.

Unknown said...

Awww! Welcome little guy!!! :)

Craig and Kristi Kuehl said...

Congratulations Josh, Shannon & Noah!! Eli is absoulutley beautiful--you do some GOOD work! Rest now, because when you get that little guy home....

Keep us posted on how the two of you are doing!

JHopkins said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful or should I say handsome! I will continue to keep you in our prayers. Get some rest! I'm so happy for the three of you.

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Congrats, he is tall! I'm sure we'll get a million pictures before too long, unless you've changed that mind set :) Doubt it.
Welcome to the world, Eli! We love you already!

Peppermint Patty said...

Very excited and happy for you guys! Eli just wanted you to have the baby showers so he would have nice stuff and then he was coming out! Soon he'll be going home!

Can't wait for you to see him and getting to love on him.

Love you all!!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to see him! Let me know if you need anything! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats you two! Tell Josh that he should really become a surg tech. He wears that mask and cap so well!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eli!
Love, Aunt Laur Laur

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eli!

Love,
Aunt Laur Laur

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

He is tall... Britt was 5 lbs 11 oz.. but only 18.5 inches long.. the girls were born at 36 weeks and were just under 6 pounds and 18.5 inches long... boy if he went full term he would have been a basketball player! : )

SO happy for you!!!

Amanda, Ian, Addison, Aiden, and Isaiah said...

Can't believe all the hair Eli has! SO cute! Rest up Momma - you did a great job. :)