Tuesday, June 1, 2010

nothing is impossible


As you know, we were traveling last week. Eli and I flew to Georgia to see my nephew Daniel graduate from high school. Alas, it rained, and we didn't see the actual event, but we got cap-and-gown pictures, so that's good enough for me. Eli wasn't excited about the ceremony anyway.

My nephew, who was a screamy baby (much like my precious one) and a lippy teen, has grown into a fine man of God. He and his friends have a worship band and instead of having the typical bring-me-money graduation party, he and his friends chose to have a worship service for a party. They played and sang and we sang along as we dipped chips in dips and forks in cake.

My sister and her sons are an inspiration to me. With a husband similar to mine, she managed to raise two boys into godly men who are serious about their faith. They are smart, happy, kind, and funny. I know there were times when she felt like her sons would only learn from the example of their father, but praise God for being the example they needed to see. I hope I will have the same faith to trust God to take care of my precious son in spite of the example his father might be for him at home sometimes. I hope he grows up to be as good a kid as his cousins.


1 comment:

AndiWrite said...

Shannon,
Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time. We went through a tough period, too--I didn't see how I could ever be happy in the marriage, but I didn't want to go through divorce. I would even stand in church so frustrated, sad, and angry with my husband that I would barely speak to him. We are still a work in progress, but God is helping us and knowing that we are both committed to our marriage and to Him has given me peace. I will keep you all in my prayers!
Andrea