Friday, February 18, 2011

finally...

Final eviction notice received February 3, 2011: Lincoln Beckett Burke, weighing in at a hefty 9lb6oz, 22 inches long, with one giant head!

After weeks of hoping for some progress and having none, I finally gave in to a c-section at 41 weeks. It turned out to be the best thing--some time in the days before, the little stinker had flipped around and was feet down! So if I had ended up having any progress, I still would have ended up disappointed about being wheeled into the OR anyway. So having it scheduled ended up being a whole lot easier than the alternative.


I've been so thankful to have some great help from my mother and sister for the first week. Josh has been home all this week. And in spite of having met most of them only once, we have been lovingly provided with meals from the local MOPS group and our new church. I'm loving this town!

2 comments:

Sarah McM said...

He is so so so so so cute. I didn't know he had turned breech again! That's impressive he moved his girth around like that.

Peppermint Patty said...

Shannon...he is precious!

I haven't seen you on FB and have missed you and totally forgot about your due date. Sorry!!