Wednesday, September 24, 2008

9w6d

Ten weeks tomorrow! Yay for double digits! I'm sure by week 25 or so it's going to start feeling like triple digits...

I've started having trouble sleeping and it's kind of disturbing to know it's only going to get worse. Months of sleeping on my side! Argh! Just this week I've started to not be able to sleep on my stomach anymore. I try to start on my side, but it's just so darned uncomfortable. So I try half side, half stomach, but that's only comfortable for a little while. I'm not sure how to teach myself to sleep on my side, but man, last night I got very little sleep and Josh was restless too, so we're tired today.

I scheduled the gender scan yesterday! On October 27, we'll know whether we're on Team Pink or Team Blue! Well, hopefully. I won't have another ultrasound at the doctor's until 20 weeks, but I scheduled an appointment at a private office where they'll do gender scans earlier. They say you get a return visit if they can't determine the gender, but I'm hoping to see something super obvious so I won't have to worry about whether the determination is right. Then I can start buying and thinking about decorating! How exciting.

On another exciting note, one of my best buds Mandy got a positive test today! Yay! I'm so excited that we'll get to do this together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go purchase thyself a body pillow--it makes sleeping on your side much more comfortable! :)

Shannon said...

A couple regular pillows also work but more pillows (body or otherwise) are crucial. It took me quite awhile, but eventually I was able to sleep comfortably on my side. I think the big belly helped balance me there. Now I find myself still sleeping that way. It'll get better before it gets worse. :)