Tuesday, May 19, 2009

2 months

Eli turned 2 months old yesterday! It was an especially fussy day so I had a hard time getting him to pose for a picture. I thought about cheating and taking another one today, but it just wouldn't be right.

Here's an attempt at a comparison from last month:


His reflux has been doing a lot better with the cereal in his bottle. He's still colicky and fussy but at least he's not spitting up all the time. I feel like he might be getting ever so slightly better... maybe an extra half hour a day he isn't quite as fussy. I'm trying to be optimistic and see that there is an end in sight. Jen came over to relieve me for awhile on Sunday evening and I really felt better when I got back. And then... he slept almost seven hours! I fed him at 7 and put him in bed by 8 and he didn't wake me up until 1:45am. I couldn't believe it. Last night he went 6 hours. I'm tempted to start putting him to bed later so we only have one wakeup but I don't think it's fair to mess up his nighttime routine. I am very grateful for any extra sleep he decides to give me!

I've started putting him down for naps on a schedule and in his crib. He seems to be responding well to that, sleeping better and longer for all his naps and I'm finally realizing how SAHMs get anything done! Suddenly I have a couple hours of uninterrupted time to myself when I can get things done. I'm so glad I'm starting to learn the ropes of this motherhood thing. Of course, right in time to add work into the mix...

Speaking of work, Josh has a potential position change that would put him on a normal M-F day shift. Pray for us! I really need him at home at night, and it sure would be nice if Daddy always came home for dinner.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I can't believe how different he looks from the one month picture! I'm so glad I could help you out a little on Sunday, and I'm even more glad that you felt better when you got home!

Unknown said...

I am so excited that you are able to be a "Stay-at-homer". It is the best and hardest job you will ever have--the benefits are awesome.

You are an awesome Mom. You learned from the best!

Love ya Sis
Laur

Unknown said...

And Brian did not say that. :)
Or this.............funny!