Friday, March 6, 2009

33w1d - an evening at L&D

I had a regular OB appointment today, but I was planning to show my elephant feet and see what they had to say.

I pulled off my socks and ended up at the hospital.

My blood pressure was 166/94, there was protein in my urine, and of course, there were my feet. The doctor looked at them and made a face I wish I could reproduce here for you. She said I needed to go to Labor & Delivery right away so off I went.

As soon as I went in, there was that hospital smell and it instantly made me feel sick and nervous. It was okay, though. They put me in a room and hooked me up to some monitors to watch the baby and take my blood pressure over and over. I also had to have a blood draw (wah!) and it wasn't as lucky as the last time. This time I got three sticks before the evil woman got a vein... including one in each hand, which really hurt!

My blood came back okay, so my liver is functioning (always good news). But my BP didn't go down enough and I still had tainted pee. They sent me home with a jug to pee in for 24 hours and I have to go back to the hospital tomorrow for more monitoring. It sounds likely that I'll end up on bedrest, which is better than the alternative: a very early delivery. Hopefully that won't have to happen, but she did say it could.

I guess I'm going to put my elephant feet up and go to bed.


The Gardners said...

Oh Shannon....I am sorry. Did you ever call this week to ask about your feet? Not much longer. I love you.

Kimmie said...

Awww geez, I'm sorry. I'll be thinking about you--make sure you continue to update!

Craig and Kristi Kuehl said...

Hang in there Shannon! Eli needs to bake for a little while longer. It will so be worth all the "yuckies" in the end :)

Rebecca said...

Oh man, now I'm sorry I chuckled at your picture of them that I thought I could relate to. :( I'll be praying for you and Eli.

Angie said...

I'll be praying that the little guy stays put for at least a couple more weeks!